Update October 16, 2020
Friday, October 16, 2020
Dear Church Family,
You are probably aware that the COVID-19 epidemic is currently surging in parts of the U.S., including Minnesota and North Dakota. In response to this, North Dakota Governor Doug Burgum moved several counties to the “High Risk” category effective today. This change includes Cass County where our Northview facility is located.
Our new risk status comes with strong recommendations that we are seeking to adapt to our church schedule and programming. Since Governor Burgum’s announcement two days ago, our church leadership has been working together to chart a way forward. We are making some updates that will be noticeable this Sunday. I also expect that we will operate in an environment of constant flux in the months ahead, and ask for your input, prayers and help as we move through this significant season. The following will describe some key points to be aware of this Sunday, October 18th, and beyond.
Some things are being updated:
- This Sunday’s 6:00pm Water Baptisms will now take place with a unique service at 6:00pm, which will be in the Gym. Please park near Door 6 (Youth Entrance) and use that door to access the gym.
- This Sunday’s 4:00pm OASIS gathering will be the last of 2020. While difficult, this decision is designed to protect some good folks who are considered to be at greater risk levels.
- This Sunday morning the 9:30am service in the Worship Center is reserved for those who are 55 years of age or better. This is our way of showing respect and appreciation.
- We are adding open seating and reserved seating in other sections of our facility which will enable us to safely handle the same number of worshippers as we have recently been accommodating. (Explanations, a map and a chart will follow).
- Beginning this Sunday, our Children’s Ministries will return to the practice of ministering only to elementary aged children. We will cease ministries to pre-school children for a while. This is because the youngest among us can also be the most loving, playful and prone to touching!
- We have called off all missions trips, both within the US and overseas. However, we have a strong desire to reach people in our valley, our nation and our world. Therefore this year’s Kingdom Builder’s initiative is moving forward.
- The Coffee House will be open on Sunday Morning from 8:30am to 9:30am.
Some things will continue as planned:
Our small groups will continue, although we may make room adjustments.
- Wednesday evenings our Youth and Children’s ministries will continue, and be adapted as needed.
- Tomorrow’s Selah Listening Circle will convene as planned, at 9:30am in the Atrium.
- We will continue to have three Sunday services at 9:30am, 11:15am & 6:00pm.
- This weekend’s Crafters’ Retreat will meet as planned.
Why can we meet in multiple locations in our one facility?
You may be wondering why we can use multiple facility spaces simultaneously when you review our Sunday schedule that will follow. We are able to do this the same way a Shopping Mall can stay open and allow each store within it to remain operational. Each individual store controls its occupancy. It may be helpful to think about our facility in the same light. We have separate sections of our building with separate air circulation systems, and separate means of entrance and egress. Each one can comply with occupancy limits, just as is true of stores in a mall. Allowances are made for each location, although they are all under one roof.
*This Sunday’s Service Accommodations:
- 9:30am Service in: The Worship Center, Atrium, Event Center, and Gym
- 11:15am Service in: The Worship Center, Atrium, and Event Center
- 6:00pm The SHIFT in: The Worship Center, Atrium, and Event Center
- 6:00pm Water Baptism Service in: The Gym
*See the Facility Map and Service Chart here.
May Our God Bless You!
May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 15:5-6)
Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word. (II Thessalonians 2:16-17)
To the King of ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen. (I Timothy 1:17)
In Christ’s love,
- Northview Church is open for Sunday services each week at:
- 9:30 AM, 11:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
- These services are available online as well.
SATURDAY MORNING CONGREGATIONAL PRAYER (8:00 - 9:00 AM)
- Saturday prayer meets in the Atrium. Please use Entrance 4.
For your health and safety, and in consideration of all church attendees, volunteers and staff, we're asking everyone to observe the following guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- If you have any symptoms of sickness or have been around anyone who has shown symptoms, we ask you to remain home for at least 14 days.
- Individuals at high risk are also encouraged to stay home and join our services online.
When You Arrive:
- For Sunday services, please use Entrances 1, 2 and 4 only. Greeters will hold doors open for you.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available in the main lobby, Atrium and hallways.
Safety Precautions for All Attendees:
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance.
- Wear face masks (infants and toddlers are not required to wear face masks).
- Use hand sanitizer, soap and water and disinfectants.
- Door handles, pews and restrooms will all be sanitized before each service
In the Worship Center:
- Seating will be limited to 50% of the normal room capacity.
- Offering boxes will be available in each aisle. Offering baskets will not be passed.
- Ushers will offer sanitized pens to attendees as they arrive. Pens have been removed from pews.
- Families are welcome to sit together in the Worship Center.
- Our children’s areas are open during the 9:30AM Sunday Service only.
- Parent/Child rooms will be open at the back of the Worship Center.
- The Nursing Mom’s room will be available for mothers with infants.
After the Service:
- Rather than gathering in aisles or lobby areas, we encourage guests to exit the building and socialize in the parking lot if desired.
Welcome to Northview Church
As a church, we've set out to be a place where you can be yourself and find a community to belong to. At Northview, you can feel welcome to explore God and build your faith amongst your neighbors, friends, co-workers, and family. Whether you've never been to church in your life or you're actively trying to find a church family, we excitedly welcome you to join us. We deeply love our community and our ultimate prayer is that the Fargo-Moorhead metro area would experience the impact of Jesus' great love.
9:30 AM, 11:00 AM & 6:00 PM
3401 25TH STREET SOUTH - FARGO, ND 58104
God has made an indelible impact on our lives through the love of Jesus and the work of the Holy Spirit. With joy, we are excited to share His love with others—influencing our community by meeting them where they are and challenging them to join us in knowing Jesus, growing with Him in community, and impacting others.