September 25, 2020 Update
Friday, September 25, 2020
Updates Regarding COVID-19 – Beginning Today
Effective today, Cass County’s COVID-19 Risk Status has been elevated to Yellow.
This means that attendance in our Worship Center (Sanctuary) will be limited to no more than 250 people. Therefore, this Sunday, September 27, we will add a second morning service at 11:15am.
The purpose of this note is to let you know how we are moving ahead in several key areas. What follows are things we recently built into our planning process. It is possible that we may need to make last minute changes to these plans when they are necessary. I am confident that you will understand if this happens.
2 Sunday Morning Services will be offered effective this Sunday, September 27. They are scheduled for:
9:30am – Worship Service & Children’s Ministries in our Children’s Wing
11:15am – Worship Service with no Children’s Ministries in our Children’s Wing.
Families are welcome join us in the Worship Center, and use the Parent/Child Rooms located under the balcony at either side of the Worship Center (Sanctuary).
If you have a choice, please visit the second service. This will help us to balance attendance, which we will be monitoring to stay within guidelines.
We will disinfect the spaces being used in our facility before and after all services and activities.
The SHIFT will continue to meet on Sunday evenings at 6:00pm.
Parent-Child Dedications on Sunday, October 18 will feature families presenting their children for dedication by way of video recordings during both morning services. Parents are asked to apply to dedicate their children by October 8. An application form can be found here.
Water Baptisms will be conducted on Sunday evening, October 18, at 6:00pm at THE SHIFT. Please fill out the application form here. Our team made the decision to conduct baptisms as planned, after seeking CDC recommendations and consulting local professionals regarding any potential health risks, specifically related to COVID-19. We feel safe baptizing numerous people using the same baptistery. While considered optional, we will be adding a measured amount of chlorine to the water, and those performing the baptisms will use gloves.
Our Night of Intercession is coming up on Friday, October 2, from 8:00pm to 11:00pm. Join us in-person or online as we intercede for our pastors, our nation, and racial harmony. I recommend that you attend for at least 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Northview’s Coffee House reopens this Sunday morning, September 27. To accommodate our second morning service, it will be open from 8:30am to 11:15am. For now, we will be using the Coffee House only on Sunday mornings.
Let your conscience be your guide. I hope that the above information clarifies what you can expect from Northview in our handling some aspects during this unique historic season. I encourage you to wear face masks and maintain social distancing. I also encourage you to make your own decisions about attending services in-person, participating in Parent-Child dedications, or being water baptized based on your wisest options as you understand them. Evaluate situations as they come along, and remain at peace.
I offer this Pastoral Counsel from my heart. Now is not the time to get caught up in speculative debates that divide us. More than ever, the world needs Christians who live Spirit-filled, people-loving, victorious lives that compel people to know our Lord.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13:35
May God’s favor be upon you, and work through you to help people know Him.
- Northview Church is open for Sunday services each week at:
- 9:30 AM, 11:15 AM and 6:00 PM.
- These services are available online as well.
SATURDAY MORNING CONGREGATIONAL PRAYER (8:00 - 9:00 AM)
- Saturday prayer meets in the Atrium. Please use Entrance 4.
For your health and safety, and in consideration of all church attendees, volunteers and staff, we're asking everyone to observe the following guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- If you have any symptoms of sickness or have been around anyone who has shown symptoms, we ask you to remain home for at least 14 days.
- Individuals at high risk are also encouraged to stay home and join our services online.
When You Arrive:
- For Sunday services, please use Entrances 1, 2 and 4 only. Greeters will hold doors open for you.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available in the main lobby, Atrium and hallways.
- Our Coffee House will be open beginning Sunday, September 27th.
Safety Precautions for All Attendees:
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance.
- Wear face masks (infants and toddlers are not required to wear face masks).
- Use hand sanitizer, soap and water and disinfectants.
- Door handles, pews and restrooms will all be sanitized before each service
In the Worship Center:
- Seating will be limited to 50% of the normal room capacity.
- Offering boxes will be available in each aisle. Offering baskets will not be passed.
- Ushers will offer sanitized pens to attendees as they arrive. Pens have been removed from pews.
- Families are welcome to sit together in the Worship Center.
- Our nurseries and children’s areas are open during the 9:30AM Sunday Service only.
- Parent/Child rooms will be open at the back of the Worship Center.
- The Nursing Mom’s room will be available for mothers with infants.
After the Service:
- Rather than gathering in aisles or lobby areas, we encourage guests to exit the building and socialize in the parking lot if desired.
Welcome to Northview Church
As a church, we've set out to be a place where you can be yourself and find a community to belong to. At Northview, you can feel welcome to explore God and build your faith amongst your neighbors, friends, co-workers, and family. Whether you've never been to church in your life or you're actively trying to find a church family, we excitedly welcome you to join us. We deeply love our community and our ultimate prayer is that the Fargo-Moorhead metro area would experience the impact of Jesus' great love.
9:30 AM, 11:15 AM & 6:00 PM
3401 25TH STREET SOUTH - FARGO, ND 58104
God has made an indelible impact on our lives through the love of Jesus and the work of the Holy Spirit. With joy, we are excited to share His love with others—influencing our community by meeting them where they are and challenging them to join us in knowing Jesus, growing with Him in community, and impacting others.